Saturday, April 16, 2016

Fancy Lancy Sews A Purse



For Christmas, my GiGi got me a real grown-up sewing machine, because we both LOVE to sew.  I sewed lots of stuffed owls for my cousins.  I also made felt wallets.  I went to my Great Grandma's house and handed out owls and wallets to everyone, and they really liked them.  One of them said they were going to make their bed with their owl.

This week, I went to the library and found a sewing book.  I saw this really cool purse in it and I decided I had to make it!  I went in my sewing room and picked out some bright-colored fabric.  I grabbed my mom, and off we went to make it.

First, my mom cut a pattern out of newspaper.  She pinned it to the fabric, and I cut the fabric.  I also cut a letter "L" out of ice blue felt to use as a decoration on the purse.  I carefully sewed all the pieces together and added some pretty pink sequins around the "L".  When we were finished, we were so impressed!  













The next day, I picked out a perfect outfit to match my purse.  We went outside and Mommy took pictures of me with my purse on.  







I love my purse!


You can make a purse too!  Find directions in this book: We Love To Sew.  But, make sure you ask a grown-up for help!


These two girls made my Berry Delightful Parfait! They look very sweet, and look how cute their aprons are.  Great job making the parfaits!!  They look BERRY yummy.





4 comments: